Monday, January 17, 2011

Work Weirdness

I work in the accounting department of a dept collection law firm (I know, supremely boring). Today was MLK Day, so the post office, the banks, and the courts were closed, so it was a pretty slow day.

Then this happened. I take calls from debtors who wish to make payments on their account, setting up checks over the phone. This lady sounded around thirty and had just set up a check by phone for $50 for today:

Me: So what check number would you like to use?
Lady: Nothing is ever lost within him. He remembers all that he has consumed - people, places, dreams.
Me: I'm sorry?
Lady: No need for that. His eyes are closed, but his mouth is open, you see. And his arms, oh yes, his arms out outstretched.

I immediately hung up. This is getting beyond weird now. I'm not sure what I should do about it.

No comments: