Friday, January 14, 2011

Brand New First Post

So, this is an old journal that I wasn't using, so I refurbished it and now, viola! A place to put my poetry.

Who am I? I'm Tav, a twenty-five year old college graduate working as an accounting clerk. I know, boring. I live alone, don't drink, don't smoke. I do, however, write poetry (none published yet). I shall be putting all the poems I write here, along with any tidbits I want to share about my life (I doubt it, since it is quite boring).

And now, for the first post, one of my favorite poets, DH Lawrence. I don't know why I thought of this poem just now, but I like it. It's dark. It's called "Discord in Childhood":

"Outside the house an ash-tree hung its terrible whips, 
And at night when the wind arose, the lash of the tree 
Shrieked and slashed the wind, as a ship's 
Weird rigging in a storm shrieks hideously."
 
"Within the house two voices arose in anger, a slender lash
Whistling delirious rage, and the dreadful sound 
Of a thick lash booming and bruising, until it drowned 
The other voice in a silence of blood, 'neath the noise of the ash."

No comments: