Friday, April 8, 2011

a soon forgotten tune

Agnes reminded me of something that I didn't include. Two things actually. I just...forgot them. Even after she told me, she had to tell me again so it wouldn't slip my mind. I know that tomorrow I'll read this post and won't remember writing it.

Anyway: during our drive to the base camp, there was plenty of graffiti scrawled on the empty freeways and roads. Some of it was different, but most of it said one thing:

the quiet claims us all
 
Then there was the next thing. I need to remember this. I'll read this tomorrow and wonder why I ever forgot.
 
The base camp near the beach turned out to be an abandoned movie theater. Someone had spraypainted on the marquee the Operator symbol, the circle with an x through it. And below that, this was written:
GOD'S TERRIBLE FACE,
BRIGHTER THAN A SPOON
 

1 comment:

whisper my name in darkness said...

THE QUIET WILL NEVER HIDE HIM EVEN SHOULD SILENCE FALL INSIDE HIM!