Friday, February 25, 2011

A disquiet that follows my soul

Agnes and I have gotten into a sort of routine this past week. In the morning, I buy breakfast burritos for us and we walk Opus on my way to work. She goes off to wherever she goes while I put in my eight hours and when I got off from work, she always seems to meet me on the way home.

We usually talk about the Slender Man, theories about what he is, theories about being a receiver, the weird things I've heard and seen. She rarely gives out information about herself, but I've heard her talk about living in Texas and Utah and Oregon. She never says why she left those places, but I can probably guess.

Today, after work, I told her about the "We are cold" incident and she got real quiet. "I wonder what it means," I said.

Then she said something that made me uneasy. "There are other things than the Slender Man out there."

We walked the rest of the way in silence.

No comments: